Monday, June 13, 2011

What is Beauty?

So I doubt anyone reads this anymore lol and I'm sure I'm just gonna rant to myself...but if anyone does come across this..I would love your input.
I have always been taught that there is no such thing as a cookie cutter definition of beauty. And I have always been challenged of that...and maybe I should really open my eyes that there is one definition of beauty so...
I'm sorry I'm not white, that I don't have blond hair or colored eyes. I'm sorry that I'm only 5'0. I'm sorry that no matter what I do I will never be stick thin, I'm sorry I will always have curves and if that makes me fat, well I'm sorry for that too. I'm sorry I don't have perfect skin, I'm sorry for all the acne, scars, and callus hands.I'm sorry I have a funny looking nose. I'm sorry I refuse to ever pluck my eyebrows. I'm sorry I don't shave obsessively. I'm sorry I have terrible vision and sometimes have to wear dorky classes or have dry contacts in my eyes.I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. So please feel free to continue to point out how I'm not beautiful...but all I can do is apologize...because...
I feel blessed to have such a rich background giving me my golden skin, dark hair and eyes. I feel so blessed that those scars on my legs are a constant reminder of the blessing of having a functioning body and the ability to walk, because for a brief time, that was taken away from me. I feel blessed that I can be as active as I am and I have the sturdy legs to just run, run, run and blessed for the hips that help me keep my balance when I just want to run away ;) ahaha. I feel blessed for the music talents that have made my hands so callus. I feel blessed that I can see all the beautiful things my Loving Father in Heaven has created for my enjoyment. I'm so lucky that I'm so small, I have an easier time making clothing modest, and my shoe size is always on sale... plus my dad once told me the worlds most expensive desired things come in small packages =).
So I'm sorry I don't fit the cookie cutter and I just can't be beautiful by those standards...but I'll live.

1 comment: